Planning the Unveiling
Here are a few simple steps for planning the unveiling.
- Given the weather in Ottawa, all unveilings generally occur between late spring and late fall although we have installed monuments as late as early December.
- Remember that almost all unveilings are conducted on a Sunday.
- Once you have contacted us we will be able to consult with you on an appropriate range of time when the monument could be completed.
- Once you have chosen the stone we will immediately order your foundation from Jewish Memorial Gardens.
- Discuss possible dates with your family members and those who will be attending to confirm availability.
- Consult the calendar to make sure that there are no significant Holidays on the dates in question. Check calendar here
- Be open to having a few dates in mind initially.
- This is a good time to reach out to your Synagogue and Rabbi or Cantor to discuss availability should you choose to have them officiate at the ceremony.
- We will begin working with you and your Synagogue on the wording and design of the stone. See the process here
- Only once fully approved by you will we commence work.